May 25, 2010

Gameloft Revisited

It appears Gameloft's recent batch of games is now available for purchase direct from their website at http://www.gameloft.com/android-games/ for about $6.99 each. Once again the titles are:
  • Asphalt 5
  • Let's Golf!
  • Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles
  • Hero of Sparta
  • Gangstar: West Coast Hustle
  • Dungeon Hunter
  • Real Football 2010
  • N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
  • Modern Combat: Sandstorm
  • Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
I think it's great they've released these quality (or so I hope) games for the Android platform. I'm mystified as to why they won't sell them via the Android Market (Is it the 30% cut Google takes? Security issues? ...?) and I wonder how that will affect sales. If I didn't operate this website I doubt I'd know about them.
 
I also see there's a claim that last November Gameloft's games in the Apple App Store were outselling the Android versions by 400% (i.e. 5:1). Is that all? Quite frankly I'm pretty impressed that it's that small of a difference given all of the media attention I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment