May 5, 2010

Backbreaker Football

Awesome! Backbreaker Football is in the house Android Market. I had this game on the iPhone and enjoyed it quite a bit. I will have a full review of the Android version soon. In a nutshell, it's a 3D simulation of the punt return portion of a football game and as you progress you'll have more defenders to beat and different zones (on the field) that you must stay inside of. The game uses tilt for controls and is to football what Homerun Derby 3D is to baseball. I'm glad to see it's only $2.99 at well. If you're a sports afficinado, as I am, then you'll definitely want to take a look at this one. I'm having a hard time tracking down a good video of it, though, as the company is hard at work on a full featured console football game from what I can tell and doesn't seem to dedicate anything to coverage of their mobile game.

Edit: Holy moly... this game is the biggest yet at over 30 MB. I'm going to have to delete half of the stuff off of my phone just to try it.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately I have to censor this Anonymous comment although everything else will remain intact...

    "this game is ####### ######## dont get this game because you will have to delete all your other games practilly to play it, it aint worth it"

    My response is...

    If you want a game with all the detail of Backbreaker Football then you're going to have to pay the price in system resources such as memory. I agree that it would have been nicer had they offloaded that data to the SD card like many, professional, 3rd party titles are doing. That's probably going to happen less and less with Froyo's (Android 2.2) imminent release as developers don't want to spend time doing the unnecessary. However, this is Google's mess to start with and they need to clean it up by helping to get Android 2.2 everywhere ASAP.

    ReplyDelete