May 31, 2010

A Few Random Notes...

Wow, yesterday I got one advertising click and earned a whole nickle. The family is looking forward to enjoying gumballs for dessert tonight (and the small ones at that). And I'm making fun of the Google Adwords program with that comment...

Today I was driving and we were headed to check out a Half Price Books store. I went to one when I visited my brother in Texas and they're great stores with lots of neat stuff to peruse. As I'm navigating the outer circle of the mall and getting ready to turn onto a major street my GPS annouces that I need to turn left on 'Wisconsin 253' or something like that... and I live in Illinois. It apparently decided we had somehow warped on over to Madison, WI. Listen, Mr. GPS... if I could travel that fast then I wouldn't need you... as whenever I made a wrong turn it would only take seconds to correct at that speed...

And now my Weather Channel software displays a city about 20 miles away as my home location. Verizon's answer? "Have you turned it off and on again?" (That's a quote from the British sitcom titled the IT Crowd which is excellent, by the way). I'm also seeing it toggle between 1x and 3G way too often after months of excellent service. I might think it was my phone... if my wife's wasn't doing the exact same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment