Dec 15, 2009

Betas and Test Versions

Is it just me or is everyone sick of seeing betas and test versions push up through the Android marketplace. I don't want software that DOESN'T WORK! I didn't sign up to be a Beta tester. I didn't purchase an Android device over an iPhone so I could download software that the author knows is missing large portions of functionality. Please STOP putting that stuff in the Marketplace...

Or better yet... Google... Why not create a separate area/category for such software and allow people to try to hook up with those interested in investing time and energy in testing their software? I supposed I should appreciate that there are people out there 'trying' to support the device I own with new apps and that want to build off of my feedback. Perhaps Google could support that and the spirit of software development by supplying them with a "Beta Testing" area.

Is that too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment